Group date 4. 12. 2020
Teacher room Mamyrbayeva M. Z. 405
Theme: Jobs and work
The aim of the lesson: to develop students’ comprehension about jobs and work abilities to speak, to read & to write
Methods of teaching: individual work, group work, pair work
Type of the lesson: introduction lesson
Visual aids: tape recorder, cards, interactive board
The procedure of the lesson
I. Warming up: (2min.)
1. What jobs do you know?
2. What do you do?
3. What does your father do?
4. What does your mother do?
II Organization moment: (1min.)
– Routine conversation
Good morning, students, sit down please. I’m glad to see you again. I’m fine and what about you?
– We are fine, too. Thank you
– Are you ready to work?
– Yes, we are
– Very nice. Then let’s begin our lesson
– Calling the register
– Is anybody absent today? Thank you, sit down please.
III. Main Stage:
1. T: Today we are going to work on the theme “Jobs and work”. Before starting our lesson I would like to explain you about the structure and methods of our lesson. During all lesson we will work in 3 groups, where each group has their own names and motto. (7min.)
Ss:1group’s name: “Best of the Best”, motto: “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow”;
2 group’s name: “Job Stars”, motto: “The more we do, the more we can do”;
3 group’s name: “Business girls”, motto: “Business before pleasure”.
Our song is “Yesterday”, because we learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
Let’s sing it together.
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they’re here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.
I’m not half the man I used to be,
There’s a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.
Why she had to go,
I don’t know she wouldn’t say.
I said, something wrong, now I long for
Yesterday (2 times)
Yesterday, Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday. (2 times)
2. Work on Vocabulary (3min.)
Students work in 3 groups and compete with each other.
Match the photos of jobs with the names of jobs:
actor, artist, builder, bus driver, chef, cleaner, computer programmer, doctor, engineer, factory worker, farmer, hairdresser, mechanic, nurse, politician, secretary, shop assistant, teacher, writer.
3. Listening (2min.)
Listen, repeat and check your answers
Ss: Pronounce Job names after the announcer
4. Guessing game “Guessing the name of the job from meaning” (group work) (7min.)
One student from the opposite group comes up to the board and other student from the 2nd group whose group tells the meaning of the word holds the picture of the job up on his head, so that student doesn’t see the picture
5. Each student write 3 sentences about your friends and family.(3min)
For ex.: My cousin, Eric, is a bus driver
6. Listening. (5min.)
6.1 Before listening task
What key words might this people say? Choose from the words in the box.
a chef, a shop assistant, a farmer (animals, clothes, countryside, customers, department store, dish, kitchen, outside, weather)
6.2 While listening (group work)
Listen to 4 people talking about their jobs. Match the speakers (1-4) with the jobs. Use the keywords.
a chef…, a farmer…, a shop assistant…, a nurse…
7. Work in groups. Play “What’s my job?” (7min.)
Student A: choose a job from your card and don’t tell the class
The rest of the class asks yes/no questions and try to guess the job.
use these vocabulary in your questions:
work inside/outside, help people, sell things, make things, earn a lot of money, work in an office, work with your hands, wear a uniform
for ex. Do you work outside? Yes, I do/ No, I don’t
8. Work in pairs. Ask and answer questions about the best and worst jobs and your reasons. (10min.)
A: What’s the best job in your opinion?
B: Computer programmer. They earn a lot of money and they don’t have to deal with the general public.
A: I agree with you./ I don’t agree with you. I think the best job is…
9. Conclusion (3min.)
– Estimating students’ answers and analyzing the lesson
– Work book exercises on the unit 10A, vocabulary builder (part2):page 137
-Writing about their family jobs.