The theme of the lesson: Place where I live
Objectives of the lesson:
– to teach students to use in the speech of the adjectives in the comparative degree
– to make sentences about area where they live
– promote the formation of thinking skills
– to develop pupils communication skills
– instill a love for their native place
– to respect to the sights of their homeland
The type of the lesson: lesson of according to new knowledge
The methods of teaching: question – answer, mixed.
Inter subject connection: Kazakh.
The visual aids: pictures, interactive board, cards
I. Organization moment:
– Hello, Dear our teacher, boys and girls! You are welcome to our lesson. How are you? I am glad to see you! Now children let’s begin our lesson. Who is on duty today? Who is absent today? What day of the week is it today? What is the weather like today? What season is it now? What date is it today? Take out your books, pens and copybooks. Get ready for the lesson. Everyone open your exercise – books and write down the date.
II. Warming up activity
– Now children look at the board, what is shown in this picture?
– Yes, it’s a cat. Ok, tell me please How cats sounds? What about snakes? How snakes sounds? [s],[s]. Great! Next picture what is it? It is a bee. How bees sounds? [z],[z]. What about beetles? How beetles sounds? [iz],[iz]. Let’s show with action.
Children show and pronounce
III. Checking up homework
Match the pictures to the words. Then you should add the ending
and read correctly.
IV. The main part
– Children, look at the blackboard. There are some pictures here. Call them, please. What’s this?
– Children, what is the theme of the lesson? What do you think? How can all this be called in one word?
Excellent, pupils! You are right! Today we are going to speak about the place where we live. Today we learn to use in the speech of the adjectives in the comparative degree; learn to make sentences about place where we live. You learn new words.
Scale of evaluation:
– if students gaining 5points, your marks will be excellent
– if students gaining 4 points, your marks will be good
– if students gaining 2 – 3 points, your marks will be satisfactory.
The group is divided into three teams. First of all, for pupils distributes pictures in scatter, how they will collect pictures, so and will be divided into teams. Children collect puzzles of Aktobe, Turgen and Shchuchinsk. And divided into 3 groups. The team captain will evaluate of pupils. If participants answered correctly they get points.
– What are the rules we have to abide by in team work?
– we must to listen each other
– we must to save time
– we must to respect the opinions of others.
Now, tell me please, what do you know about Aktobe and Turgen?
Today to us were supposed to come guests but it’s cold outside, they could not come. But they sent a telegram. Let’s listen
Task 1. Listen the text. Then answer the questions
– What do you think the children are talking about?
– What are their names?
– What are they talking about Aktobe and Turgen?
– How do they describe their city?
– Yes, of course they describe their city with adjectives.
– Using adjectives we describe different things, people, cities, and so on
V. Let’s relax. A game «Say and show»
VI. Work with vocabulary
Busy [ˈbɪzɪ] – лық толы
Industrial [ɪnˈdʌstrɪəl] – индустриялы
Noisy [ˈnɔɪzɪ] – шулы
Quite |kwʌɪt| – тыныш
VII. Work in groups
Task 2. Read yourself and find these words in the text.
Task 3. Match the adjectives with the correct comparative form
Task 4. Make sentences using comparative adjectives. Discuss your opinion with your partner.
VIII. Concluding tasks.
Task 5. Describe the town or village which is depicted in the picture
IX. Reflection. Children should stick emoticons
It was interesting for me
It was difficult for me
I am happy
It was boring for me
XI. Giving marks